Delicious Sticky Chicken
Guys, here’s a very simple rule: Women love men who cook. Something to do with equality and service, we don’t really know. Regardless of the reason, a real man can prepare a meal as delicious as his love.
Remember a few basic rules of cooking
- Add ingredients progressively,
- Taste as you go,
- Try to imagine the tastes in your mind, before you add the ingredients,
- And don’t overcook.
- 1 large dead chicken, chopped in 8-10 pieces (or you can just use the breasts, but they must still have their skin on them).
- Southern arabian sea salt and black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, halved horizontally
- Few thyme sprigs
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, finely sliced (ideally with a mandolin)
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Get a chicken from your coop, kill it, remove feathers, gut, and rinse thoroughly.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Brown the chicken pieces (in batches if necessary) over a high heat with the garlic and thyme for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Return all the chicken to the pan, add the sherry vinegar and bubble until reduced by half. Drizzle over the soy sauce in a counter-clockwise motion and honey in a clockwise motion, shake the pan to a samba rythm to mix.
- Pour in a good splash of hot water and add the lemon slices. Let the liquid bubble and reduce down until syrupy, which will take about 10 minutes or so. By now the chicken should be cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and sprinkle over the chopped parsley. Serve with the champ. Kiss your fingers and exclaim, Voila ma cherie!
Watch this video of the same recipe.
Make her this amazing meal, set the mood, and she will remember it for some time to come.
If you are feeling really confident, set the table, light some candles, and wear a cleanly ironed shirt. Heck, go wild, gather some flowers from your neighbour’s garden and set them in a vase.