A warm (chocolate) explosion
A warm chocolate dessert is a surefire way to please your woman. Chocolate volcanos are a. delicious, b. delicious and c. an aphrodisiac. Follow these simple instructions to make this treat that’s so delicious, you won’t have to convince her to swallow.
Get the ingredients
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks (you can get these in a carton, or by separating them from—you guessed it!—whole eggs)
- 4 tablespoons golden caster sugar (brown sugar baby)
- 6 oz plain chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa (the better the chocolate, the better the cake, so splurge)
- 5 oz unsalted butter
- 8 tablespoons plain flour
- 6 chocolate truffles
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- six ramekins (aka muffin cups)
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF.
- Put the eggs, egg yolks and sugar into a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 8–10 mins until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in bain-marie. (that’s a fancy french word for a bowl inside a pot of boiling water)
- Gently fold the flour into the egg mixture. Stir a spoonful of egg mix into the melted chocolate, then gently fold the chocolate mix into the remaining egg mix.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture into each of six ramekins (or muffin cups). Put a chocolate truffle in the centre of each, taking care not to push the truffles down.
- Divide the rest of mixture among the ramekins, making sure each truffle is covered. Each ramekin should be about 3/4 full. (You can also use muffin cups instead of ramekins).
- Bake for 10 min or until the top is firm and starting to rise and crack. (that means it’s ready to explode)
- Top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream and serve immediately.
Original Recipe can be found here.
Ideal results for preparing chocolate sweets look like this (NSFW).